Re Search California Codes
Re Search by Keyword or Citation
(a) As found in this area:
(1) “Open-end credit plan” gets the meaning established in Regulation Z regarding the Federal Reserve System ( 12 C.F.R. 226.2(a)(20) ).
(2) “ Installment loan ” means any loan specified in subdivision (h) extended under an installment loan function.
(3) “ Installment loan function ” means an element of a credit that is open-end which offers for an independent subaccount associated with the open-end credit plan pursuant to which the principal of, and interest on, the mortgage connected with that subaccount should be paid back in substantially equal installments over a certain duration without reference to the quantity outstanding under any kind of function of this open-end credit plan or even the re payment routine according to the other function.
(b)(1) Except as otherwise given by statute, the debtor under any installment loan will probably be eligible to prepay the complete or any the main installment loan, along with any accrued interest, whenever you want.
(2) with regards to any installment loan, absolutely nothing in this part shall preclude a debtor from becoming obligated, by an contract written down, to cover a prepayment fee; but merely a prepayment made within five many years of the date the installment loan is created could be susceptible to a prepayment fee after which solely as herein set forth. A quantity perhaps not surpassing 20 per cent regarding the principal that is original associated with the installment loan can be prepaid in almost any one 12-month duration without incurring a prepayment cost. A prepayment fee can be imposed on any quantity prepaid in just about any 12-month period in excess of 20 % regarding the original principal level of the installment loan, which charge shall not exceed a quantity corresponding to the re re payment of 6 months’ advance interest in the quantity prepaid more than 20 per cent associated with original principal level of the installment loan.
(c) For purposes of subdivision (b):
(1) If the deed of trust or home loan secures payment of greater than one installment loan, all the installment loans will be deemed to own been individually made in the date that the proceeds associated with installment loan are advanced.
(2) If the outstanding stability of that loan advanced pursuant to an open-end credit plan thereafter becomes at the mercy of an installment loan function of this credit plan, the loan will probably be considered to possess been made once the loan becomes susceptible to the installment loan function, perhaps the feature ended up being offered at the debtor’s choice under original regards to the open-end credit plan or perhaps the function thereafter became available upon modification for the original regards to the credit plan that is open-end.
(d) Notwithstanding subdivision (b), no prepayment cost could be imposed pertaining to an installment loan susceptible to this area if some of the after apply:
(1) The residential structure securing the installment loan is damaged to this kind of degree by an all-natural tragedy which is why a situation of crisis is declared because of the Governor, pursuant to Chapter 7 (commencing with area 8550) of Division 1 of Title 2 associated with the national Code, that the residential framework can’t be occupied while the prepayment is causally related thereto.
(2) The prepayment is created along with a genuine purchase of this property that is real the installment loan.
(3) The lender doesn’t conform to subdivision ( ag e).
(4) The expression of this installment loan is actually for no more than 5 years in addition to principal that is original associated with installment loan is less than five thousand bucks ($5,000).
( e)(1) the lending company getting a debtor’s obligation to cover a prepayment charge authorized by subdivision (b) shall furnish the debtor with a written disclosure explaining the existence of the prepayment charge obligation, the conditions under that the prepayment cost will probably be payable, plus the technique in which the quantity of the prepayment fee will be determined. If subdivision (f) offers the debtor with the right to rescind the installment loan and also the relevant responsibility to pay for a prepayment fee, the disclosure needed by this subdivision shall additionally notify the borrower for this straight to rescind, just how as soon as to work out the proper, and where you can mail or deliver a notice of rescission.
(2) The actual quantity of, or perhaps the way of determining the quantity of, the prepayment fee for an installment loan will probably be established when you look at the agreement regulating the credit plan that is open-end.
(f)(1) The disclosure needed by paragraph (1) of subdivision ( ag ag e) will probably be furnished when or up to 30 times prior to the debtor signs the agreement or any other papers needed by the loan provider for the installment loan, or no earlier than thirty day period before nor later than 10 days following a generating of this installment loan, if made without having the debtor being forced to signal an agreement or any other paperwork, such as for example will be the situation in the event that installment loan could be made on such basis as phone or other talks between your lender additionally the debtor perhaps maybe not place that is taking person. In the event that installment loan is manufactured prior to the borrower happens to be furnished because of the disclosure needed by paragraph (1) of subdivision ( e), the debtor shall have the ability to rescind the installment loan additionally the obligation that is related spend a prepayment fee by really delivering or mailing notice compared to that effect to your loan provider, by first-class mail with postage prepaid, during the loan provider’s location claimed with its disclosure regarding the straight to rescind within 10 times after the furnishing associated with disclosure.
(2) In the event that disclosure needed by paragraph (1) of subdivision ( ag e) is roofed within the contract or any other document finalized by the debtor for the installment loan, the disclosure will probably be considered provided at that moment. The disclosure shall be deemed furnished when personally delivered to the borrower or three days after it is mailed to the borrower, first-class mail with postage prepaid, at the address to which billing statements for the open-end credit plan are being sent in other cases.
(3) The disclosure needed by paragraph (1) of subdivision ( ag ag e) might be individually furnished or can be contained in the contract or any other document for the installment loan, so long as a duplicate associated with the disclosure that the debtor may retain is furnished to your borrower.
(4) when there is one or more debtor according to the credit that is open-end, a disclosure to your certainly one of them pursuant to subdivision ( e) shall match the demands of the subdivision pertaining to them all.
(g) If after an installment loan is created the financial institution gets the debtor’s timely notice regarding the rescission associated with the installment loan prior to subdivision (f), the total amount associated with the installment loan will probably be used in the open-end subaccount regarding the credit that is open-end while the debtor will be obligated to settle the total amount underneath the exact same conditions and terms, and susceptible to the exact same fees along with other fees, since will be applicable had the mortgage initially been extended pursuant to your open-end credit plan or had the installment loan never ever been made.
(h) This part relates to any installment loan secured by a deed of trust or home loan or just about any other lien on investment property of four units or less and Section 2954.9 will not use to such installment loans. This area shall perhaps not connect with any loan that is at the mercy of Section 10242.6 for the continuing business and occupations Code.
FindLaw Codes are given thanks to Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. To get more codes that are detailed information, including annotations and citations, please check out Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes might not mirror the absolute most present version of the legislation in your jurisdiction. Please confirm the status regarding the rule you may be researching principal site because of the state legislature or via Westlaw before depending on it for the appropriate requirements.